by Shantel Evans, CEO, LuxyList –This is the first in our new series ¨At home with Shantel¨
Here at LuxyList we believe self care begins with setting intentions… This is my absolute favorite time of the year. It’s the perfect time to take a moment, and a breath, and reflect on all the accomplishments and lessons of the prior year.
LuxyList has made incredible progress in the last year:
I started LuxyList with the vision of a secure, sophisticated, luxurious gifting platform for content creators and their fans. In just a little over one year our community has grown to over 10,000 members – I am so proud of this accomplishment!
I have always believed that the perfect gifting experience is an unparalleled and uniquely personal expression of one’s admiration for another. My team and I take this experience very seriously. In every step of a gift’s journey, from the gift selection process to the final delivery… There’s a certain thoughtfulness and intentionality to the process that we want to protect. Though we understand that sending money can be a gift in and of itself, it lacks the personal touch we have come to be known for. As such we plan to continue to focus on gifts and not money transfers or tipping options. As a small (but fierce) team made up of a diverse group of creators, delivering a gift into the hands of our beloved Listers on behalf of our beloved Gifters is our greatest joy. If gifts are your love language, LuxyList is here to ensure you get showered with them!
The biggest lesson I have learned personally and professionally is you can’t do it all on your own. Growing LuxyList into the premier gifting platform takes a village – and as a result, in the final quarter of 2022, I brought in experts to help us reach the next stage in our development. And I am pleased to say that we are definitely on our way.
I also find it’s a good time to let go of anything that doesn’t serve my higher purpose, such as…
- Limiting beliefs about how far we can go
- Competition. There are no competitors.. only colleagues – so I embrace and celebrate my colleagues and acknowledge there is room for all of us. Thus as they say, a rising tide lifts all boats.
And finally – for me, this is the time to set my intentions for all the things I want to manifest for myself and for LuxyList in the coming new year. Here are my personal intentions:
- Develop and launch Luxylist 2.0. While our current technology has served us well for the initial stage of LuxyList, it’s now time to step up and redevelop our platform. We have heard your feedback and are listening so stay tuned for the exciting new things that are coming!
- Grow and deepen relationships with our merchants to create an even more seamless ordering process for our Listers and Gifters.
- Continue to serve our community of beloved Gifters and Listers – while expanding our reach into new creator landscapes such as drag and burlesque and whoever these new lovelies will be.
- Spend more time engaging with the LuxyList community – as such this will be the first in a regular series where I will talk about where we are in our development, what we are learning, and what the future holds. In addition I will directly address questions our community may have about LuxyList.
And now, as a token of my deep gratitude, I want to share my quick, yet powerful recipe for reflecting, letting go, and manifesting for the new year…
Step 1: Gather the following items:
- 2 pieces of paper
- 1 pen
- A candle
- A flame proof bowl
Step 2: Create your ritual space. This can be a spa like experience in your bathroom, a small altar in your room, or a cozy quiet corner in your garden.
Step 3: On one piece of paper write all the things from 2022 you want to release. Perhaps these are thoughts that are holding you back from achieving a goal. A fear of failure, lack of confidence, or self doubt. Whatever they are, write them down.
Step 4: On the second piece of paper write the intentions you want to manifest for 2023. Make these achievable but feel free to stretch your imagination. Set short-term goals and long-term goals. These are your intentions.
Step 5: Light the candle and read aloud the things you want to release. Then burn the paper. Imagine these things leaving you for good.
Step 6: Repeat with the list of things you want to manifest.
Step 7: Take the bowl of ashes and cast them away somewhere outdoors.
While intentions can serve as the foundation for goals and resolutions, they’re also free of any timelines, numbers, or measurable results. To help remind yourself of your intentions, draw or write notes and put them around your home—and then make sure to move them around every so often to keep them noticeable.
I wish you a healthy and happy 2023 filled with self-care and love.